The ceiling in the bathroom, which one is better to choose: rack, stretch, suspended?
When making repairs, you need to think about how all surfaces will look like, for example, the ceiling in the bathroom requires waterproofing and finishing. Not all materials are suitable for a room with excessive humidity, so make your choice carefully, taking into account the features of each option.
What ceiling is better to make in the bathroom?
Thinking through the design of this room, it must be borne in mind that the ceiling must meet certain requirements:
- The most important criterion is resistance to high humidity. If this nuance is not taken into account, then the ceiling will deteriorate in the first month after installation. It is also forbidden to use a wooden frame without processing for attaching panels.
- The ceiling in the bathroom can be subject to flooding, so the selected material should not be destroyed by direct contact with water.
- Do not forget that in the bathroom there are frequent temperature changes, so the selected material should not react to such conditions.
- It is recommended to choose a lining that is easy to care for. Better if you just need to wipe the surface with a cloth. Otherwise, keep in mind that the material must withstand the action of detergents.
- Choose a finish that is similar to the overall design of the room and fits the walls and floor.
Aluminum ceiling in the bathroom
An excellent option for finishing the bathroom, as aluminum does not rust due to high humidity and can be washed without fear of damaging the surface. The rack ceiling in the bathroom will last a long time, because it does not sag or rot. Since you have to create a frame for attaching panels (in some cases this is a significant minus), you can hide wiring and ceiling irregularities in it. It is best to choose slats with inserts 10 cm wide and 0.5 mm thick. Matte or glossy ceiling in the bathroom of the rails is available in several colors.
Stretch ceiling in the bathroom
Modern finishing technology, which is at the peak of popularity. It is important to know the pros and cons of a stretch ceiling in the bathroom, as the advantages include attractiveness, long service life and ease of maintenance. Please note that this finishing option eats up 10-15 cm of space and the canvases are prone to punctures and cuts. You can create a glossy and matte stretch ceiling in the bathroom in one color or with an original pattern. If earlier many were embarrassed by the high cost, today this option is more affordable.
Plasterboard ceiling in bathroom
This finishing material is popular because it has a high level of moisture resistance, environmentally friendly, visually attractive, affordable and easy to install. The false ceiling in the bathroom is not suitable for low rooms, but if the area allows, then with the help of drywall you can create many levels and get an original result. You can carry out the work yourself, since creating a frame and fastening sheets does not require special skills. If the neighbors flood from above, you will have to completely change the ceiling in the bathroom.
Plastic ceiling in the bathroom
For rooms with high humidity, plastic panels are ideal, which have a long service life, help level the surface and hide communication elements. The false ceiling in the bathroom is done quickly, because the panels have special “locks” on the side, which makes it easier to finish. Building materials stores offer a wide range of PVC panels and there are even options for creating original patterns, such as the sky. Do not save on material to avoid toxic emissions during operation.
Wooden ceiling in the bathroom
The wood finish looks noble and beautiful, and so that the material can be used in rooms with excessive humidity, various mixtures, impregnations and primers are applied to it. If you are interested in which ceilings to choose in your bathroom, then you should know that cladding can be done with veneered boards, lining, ceiling panels and rarely parquet. The wooden ceiling is environmentally friendly, has excellent performance characteristics, is practical, and it is also easy to install.
Bathroom ceiling painting
This is the easiest and most affordable option for finishing the ceiling in the room. Given the high humidity, it is best to use water-based waterproof paints, which can be:
- Acrylic. Such paint for the ceiling in the bathroom is resistant, and the painted surface can be washed with water.
- Silicone. The paint is not only resistant to moisture, but also passes steam.
- Mineral. The paint perfectly resists moisture, but has a short service life.
Many people decide to paint the ceiling in the bathroom, because it is economical, you can do everything yourself, you will not need to reduce the height of the room and such a finish will last up to 5-10 years. It is worth noting that there is a huge choice in colors, and you can mix paints to achieve the desired shade. In addition, at any time, if you suddenly want to change, you can quickly repaint everything without much effort.
Tile on the ceiling in the bathroom
Affordable material for finishing is ceiling tiles, which levels the surface, it is easy to mount and dismantle. In addition, there is a wide range of colors and patterns on the tile, and its thin thickness does not reduce the height of the ceiling. Finishing the ceiling in the bathroom also has a number of disadvantages: it ignites quickly, so you need to use LED lamps that do not heat up, and the finished surface will have many seams.
The main types of bathroom ceiling tiles:
- Styrofoam. The most common type of tile, which is represented by several options. Stamped is made from expanded polystyrene, and it is not suitable for the bathroom due to its porosity. Extruded tiles are made from expanded polystyrene mass, which is covered with a film or paint. Another option is injection tiles made from expanded polystyrene, and they are used for finishing using seamless technology.
- Plastic. Pleased with the strength and durability of the coating, which perfectly tolerates moisture and is easy to clean. There are plastic panels designed to organize the ceiling in the bathroom with built-in lighting.
- Gypsum. Beautiful finish, but it is not suitable for the bathroom, as it is afraid of moisture.
- Ceramic. You can use tiles not only for the floor and walls, but also for the ceiling, but it should only be glued to a special high-strength adhesive.
Cassette ceiling in the bathroom
This cladding option is characterized by a long service life, there is no need to prepare the surface before using it, and it is still possible to hide all engineering networks. Cassettes are very easy to install and change if necessary. Many are repelled by the high price and expensive installation work. Cassette structures can be in white, chrome, white gold cladding, and there are also mirror models. Ceiling decoration in the bathroom can combine different panel options, resulting in an unusual result.
Bathroom ceiling color
When choosing a color, you need to take into account such parameters: the height of the ceilings, the size of the room, the quality of the lighting and the right combination of shades. In a classic style, the white ceiling in the bathroom is refreshing and gives a feeling of cleanliness. It is worth considering the main characteristics of colors:
- Blue and cyan. Different shades of this color are used to create the illusion of sky and sea. Blue has a calming and calming effect.
- Green. This color is used to create a relaxing atmosphere and give vitality.
- Orange and yellow. Solar shades fill the room with vitality and improve mood. They are compared to antidepressants.
- Black ceiling in the bathroom. This option is used to create an exclusive design. Black is versatile, stylish and easy to pair with different shades.
- Brown. A versatile option that can be combined with other shades of the color palette.
Bathroom ceiling waterproofing
To protect yourself from flooding by neighbors from above and minimize the risk of mold, waterproofing measures are carried out. It is important to know how to finish the ceiling in the bathroom:
- Ceiling coating. In this case, bitumen-polymer and bitumen-rubber mastics are used. They help create a high-quality hermetic barrier that protects against water.
- Finishing materials. This includes bituminous roofing material, polyethylene and various synthetic fabrics. The selected material is glued to the ceiling in the bathroom with synthetic glue.
- Penetrating waterproofing. This method is popular because it is affordable and easy to implement. A mixture impregnating the outer layers is applied to the moistened overlap.