Stretch ceiling in the bathroom
Many, thinking over the design, are wondering whether a stretch ceiling can be used in the bathroom or not. In fact, this finish is very popular because it has a wide list of advantages. There are different options with their own characteristics.
Stretch ceiling in the bathroom — the pros and cons
To understand whether it is worth using the presented finishing option, it is important to familiarize yourself with the existing advantages and disadvantages. Let’s start with the first option:
- The cover will last more than one year. Even when purchasing cheap canvases, you can count on the fact that they will please you for about 10-15 years. At the same time, it should be said that the ceiling will not change throughout the entire time, and only a slight sag is acceptable (maximum — 1 cm).
- When figuring out whether it is possible to make a stretch ceiling in the bathroom, it should be noted that high-quality material perfectly resists moisture and, when flooded by neighbors from above, it will not suffer, but simply sag. After the water is drained, the canvas will return to its original state.
- Installation of the structure is simple and installation does not take much time. It is recommended to contact specialists so that everything is done perfectly.
- It is worth noting a wide range of colors. There are not only plain canvases, but also options with drawings and even photo printing.
- Stretch ceiling in the bathroom helps to hide surface irregularities, close defects and communications, creating a perfectly flat area.
- Products have antiseptic properties and you can not be afraid of the appearance of mold and other problems. They do not accumulate dust, do not form condensation, and they do not absorb odors.
It remains to understand the existing shortcomings, which are also present:
- Many are confused by the high price of stretch fabrics, but every year this finish becomes more affordable.
- To install the structure with your own hands, few people can do it on their own, you need to use special tools and have a number of skills.
- If the room is large, then the presence of seams on the ceiling cannot be avoided. This applies to glossy canvases.
- Stretch ceilings are unstable to damage, so it is important to always remember this.
- When installing a stretch ceiling in the bathroom, you will have to reduce the height of the room.
- If the bathroom is not heated, then canvases cannot be used for decoration.
Stretch ceiling design in the bathroom
There are a large number of design solutions that you can implement in your bathroom. For the design of the bathroom stretch ceiling, canvases of different textures are used, which have their own characteristics. Original ideas can be realized thanks to the possibility of photo printing on the surface. Properly selected drawings will give the room personality and make it beautiful and comfortable.
Glossy stretch ceiling in the bathroom
The most popular option that goes well with other finishing materials. Its main advantage is that such canvases visually expand the space. When figuring out which stretch ceiling to choose in the bathroom, it is worth noting other advantages of glossy canvases:
- They have a low coefficient of thermal conductivity, so they will act as an additional heat insulator.
- Good resistance to chemicals found in household detergents.
- Over the years of use, the stretch fabric will not deform, even if flooding occurs.
- Installed lighting due to the glossy surface will create a beautiful effect.
Matte stretch ceiling in the bathroom
For lovers of conservatism and classics, matte canvases are suitable, because outwardly they look like an ordinary painted ceiling. This option gives rigor and elegance to the design. If you are interested in how to choose stretch ceilings for the bathroom, then it should be borne in mind that cheap canvases for this room with special conditions (temperature and humidity changes) are not suitable. The only caveat is that matte surfaces do not reflect anything and suppress glare. The color range of such canvases is limited to light and pastel colors.
Mirror stretch ceiling in the bathroom
It should be said right away that stretch ceilings are not mirrored in the full sense of the word, and this name means a glossy surface with a beautiful sheen. It should be noted that the darker the color of the canvas, the higher its reflective surface. Stretch mirror ceilings in the bathroom, unlike the usual reflective surface, do not fog up and resist moisture. With it, you can visually make the room wider.
Two-level stretch ceiling in the bathroom
In this case, moisture-resistant drywall boxes and canvases are used for finishing, which are stretched between them. With the help of drywall, you can create different ledges, steps and other figures, it all depends on your imagination. Multi-level stretch ceilings in the bathroom interior can be polygonal, broken, smoothly curved and mixed. You can use this option only in large rooms and you will have to spend time and money to implement the idea.
Stretch ceilings in the bath with a pattern
Photo printing options are very popular. The pattern can be applied to both glossy and matte canvases. Such images are common: the seabed, the surface of the sea, the sky, stars, animals, the view from the window, and so on. The satin stretch ceiling in the bathroom and other options with a pattern do not lose their attractiveness, since the paint does not lose its richness, the image remains clear, and it is also worth noting that the paints are environmentally friendly.
Stretch 3D ceiling in the bathroom
Not only ordinary, but also three-dimensional images can be applied to the surface thanks to 3D technologies. When figuring out which stretch ceiling to choose in the bathroom, it is worth noting that such canvases will make the room more attractive and deep. A well-chosen pattern can expand the space. There is a huge choice of images and some companies provide printing services of their own drawings, so that almost any design idea can be realized.
Soaring stretch ceiling in the bathroom
Soaring ceilings are a modern design idea that add style and beauty to the room. The stretch ceiling in the backlit bathroom looks like it is not attached to the walls and ceiling, but floats in the air. For lighting, LED strips are used, which do not require a lot of energy. Illumination can be used for zoning a room and creating original shapes. A blue stretch ceiling in the bathroom or canvases of any other color visually expand the space thanks to the backlight.
Stretch ceiling color in the bathroom
There are several features regarding the choice of color design of the room that you should know and consider:
- The color of the stretch ceiling may match the tiles, but in this case the room may look boring.
- If there are contrasting friezes on the tiles, then it is better to choose a colored stretch ceiling in the bathroom that matches them. As a result, the room will look designer and beautiful.
- Another option is to choose the color of the ceiling to match the color of the plumbing, for example, a dark brown toilet and sink will perfectly echo the ceiling of the same color.
- Many designers use another original option — a stretch ceiling in the bathroom, decorated in the color of the floor.
There are many color schemes, so you can choose the option for the overall style of the room. The most popular colors include:
- Green stretch ceilings in the bathroom are common because soft shades have a relaxing effect on a person, relieve stress and soothe. Glossy surfaces can, on the contrary, invigorate. Choose a shade of green to match other finishes.
- The blue ceiling is suitable for calm people, because this color has a calming effect. It is worth noting that you need to use it only in rooms where the decoration for walls and floors is made in a different color. Otherwise, the room will look cold.
- The blue stretch ceiling in the bathroom is very popular because it can expand the room and make it more peaceful.
- The peach ceiling will make the room warm and fill it with pleasant light. Finishing the bathroom will turn out romantic, feminine and cozy. Peach color will appeal to all family members.
- The brown stretch ceiling in the bathroom, when used correctly, can create a rich and warm interior. It is better to use it as a contrasting finish.
Black stretch ceiling in the bathroom
A bold decision that is not suitable for all rooms — the ceiling is black. The design of the ceiling in dark color refers to the classic luxury style, which helps to solidly decorate the room. The dark stretch ceiling in the bathroom is suitable for large rooms, as it will visually reduce the space. It is better to use glossy canvases that will reflect plumbing and other objects in the room.
Red stretch ceiling in the bathroom
Such a color solution is used extremely rarely, since red is a dangerous and aggressive color, and it will not work to relax under its influence. At the same time, this color will help to cheer up in the morning. If you are interested in whether it is possible to use a red tension ceiling in the bathroom, it is worth noting that it is not suitable for small rooms, as this will increase the negative effect of color on the human psyche. For large and modern bathrooms, the red ceiling option is a great solution.
White stretch ceilings in the bathroom
A classic is the white ceiling, which is suitable for different design styles. Regardless of whether it is glossy or matte, the room will look visually more spacious and cleaner. A stretch ceiling in a small white bathroom is considered the most relevant option, and colored ceramics will be reflected in the glossy surface, creating beautiful effects, emphasizing the harmonious design.
Gray stretch ceiling in the bathroom
An excellent background in the room will be a gray ceiling, which, when combined with white, will visually enlarge the room. These shades can advantageously emphasize different textures and materials in the finish. The colored stretch ceiling in the bathroom of gray shades goes well with many representatives of the color range. Saturated gray is not recommended to be used alone and should be combined with light colors, making out a two-level ceiling. On such a stretch ceiling in the bathroom, you can embody different ideas and visually divide the room.