one Choose your cleaning products
Not only the quality of cleaning, but also the speed and labor costs depend on the working tools and means. Prepare the following things in advance.
- Microfiber wipes. They do not leave dust and remove stains from glossy surfaces even without additional cleaning agents.
- Sponges for washing dishes. You can take steel, but only if you are sure that the pollution really requires such a rough cleaning and the surface will not suffer. For example, you should not clean furniture fronts or stainless steel hoods with a sponge.
- Antibacterial spray. It will help to get rid of bacteria in places without visible strong pollution.
- Dishwashing liquid. Suitable if you do not have a set of household chemicals for different surfaces, the taps will not darken from it and the countertop will not be scratched.
- Degreaser for ovens. The most convenient format is spray foam.
- Spray bottle with a mixture of water and detergent.
How to wash a glossy kitchen: 9 products that will be perfectly clean
2 Clear open surfaces
Before you begin to sort out the cabinets, completely free all open surfaces: countertops, shelves, hooks. Remove everything from small things like spices to household appliances like a microwave or kettle. Arrange them on the dining table and sort them, immediately throw away everything broken and expired.
How to simplify cleaning if you have a large family? 8 good tips
3 Start cleaning from the top
The first step in the global cleaning of the kitchen will be cleaning the dust from the most hard-to-reach surfaces.
- If you have two-level ceilings, clean the space between the levels, wipe down the fixtures.
- Remove dust from the top of the kitchen cabinet. A spray bottle with a mixture of water and cleaning agent will help with this. After that, it remains only to collect the dirt with a clean, dry cloth.
Get rid of dust on the top surface of the refrigerator. If the dirt is difficult to wipe off and you need to use water, unplug the device from the mains.
four Go to cabinets
Now we can move on to cabinets. Remove the contents from them and immediately arrange the items into groups. This will save you time when you have to put everything back together.
Clean the inside of the cabinets with a spray bottle of detergent, wipe dry. Separately, wash all grates, organizers, jars and boxes in the sink. Treat cabinet handles with an antibacterial spray.
Make sure cutlery, crockery and other items do not need additional cleaning or polishing. After that, you can fill the cabinets back.
How to wash kitchen fronts: 8 tips for perfect cleanliness
5 Clean Tech
It is very important to clean all appliances that are used in the kitchen. At the beginning, you can fill the kettle with vinegar, it will dissolve the scale while you do other things.
Next, you should apply fat-dissolving foam to the walls of the microwave, stoves and ovens, give the cleaner time to work.
After that, you can move on to the most time-consuming process — cleaning the refrigerator. It is almost no different from washing cabinets, but remember that you cannot use abrasive or aggressive products and hard sponges, they will easily damage the enamel on the walls. Be sure to unplug the appliance before cleaning.
How to clean the inside of a microwave oven with household chemicals and home remedies
6 Return to open surfaces
Once you’ve sorted the cabinets and cleaned the appliances, you can return to the countertop, stove, shelves, and backsplash that you freed up in the second step. It is logical to clean them at the end of cleaning so that they do not get dirty while you are dismantling cabinets and a refrigerator. After this stage, you can return to the place the items that were removed and sorted at the beginning of the cleaning.
The very last step of your general cleaning will be washing the floors in the kitchen and airing.
Watch the video! In it, we tell you how to quickly clean different surfaces in the kitchen: from countertops to sinks.