No time to read? Watch a short video
one Lemon acid
Silicone cannot be washed with aggressive chemicals, because microparticles will remain in its structure and then enter the body. And citric acid is an indispensable assistant in cleaning anything, including silicone molds. And it will help get rid of a thin layer of stubborn fat, which is not visible, but felt by the fingers.
For the remedy to work, you need to dissolve only 20-30 g of citric acid in 2 liters of hot water. Then immerse the molds in this solution and let it soak for 30 minutes. After you can wash them with ordinary dishwashing gel.
2 Mixture of dishwashing detergent and mustard powder
To prepare such a cleaning paste, you can mix the ingredients by eye: it depends on the number of containers and the degree of contamination. Add mustard so that the gruel is not too liquid. Rinse silicone dishes, soak in hot water and then rub thoroughly with a sponge with the mixture. For convenience, turn the molds inside out, dirty side out.
By the way, this method is a good alternative to hard brushes and metal sponges that cannot be used. The silicone will scratch instantly.
5 ideas for using mustard powder on the farm
3 Mixture of dishwashing detergent and baking soda
Baking soda is another natural and very fine abrasive that can be used on silicone surfaces. For easy application and better effect, it can be mixed with regular dishwashing gel. It is necessary to dissolve 50-70 g of soda and 50 g of gel in 2 liters of water. Put the dirty molds into the pot with the mixture and put everything on the fire — boil for about 10 minutes. After turning off the container, you can hold it in the solution for a little longer, and then rinse thoroughly.
four soda and lemon
To make baking soda even more effective, use it along with lemon juice. Squeeze a whole fruit, add 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda and apply the paste to the dirt. After half an hour, rub the forms thoroughly with a soft sponge and rinse off the remnants of the product. For greater effectiveness, before applying the paste, the dishes can be brought to a boil in a large saucepan.
10 Reasons Why You Should Always Have a Lemon in Your Home
5 Vinegar for strong bad breath
Mustard powder and lemon can help you remove bad odors from silicone surfaces, but they can’t handle stubborn odors. But vinegar can do it. Pour cool water into a saucepan, add 1-2 teaspoons of vinegar and place the molds there.
Vinegar will remove the unpleasant smell perfectly well, but it can leave its aroma. The same lemon or “delicious” dishwashing gel will help get rid of it already — just wash the molds with them again later.
Bonus: Care tips to help prolong the life of silicone containers
- Do not allow dirt to build up and thoroughly wash the molds after each use using one of the following methods.
- Do not use harsh chemicals, abrasives or hard sponges.
- After cooking, the molds should be allowed to cool completely — and only then they should be washed.
- After complete drying, immediately remove the dishes — silicone attracts dust well.
- In curly patterns and recesses, dirt and grease can remain invisible to the eye. Pay special attention to such elements and use sponges that can easily penetrate there.
- If you are baking pies with berries, choose dark shapes. Berry juice will almost certainly be absorbed into the material, and such dishes will look untidy.