Build a samovar-type oven yourself or buy a ready-made one
You can make the oven yourself, or buy a ready-made factory-made model, install it strictly according to the instructions. Gas boilers are popular. When deciding not to buy ready-made samovar type sauna stove, the owner builds it with his own hands, using one of the schemes that is most suitable for a bath room. There are many schemes for self-construction of a heater, it is important to choose the most optimal option, with maximum water heating.
It is good to build a heater on your own in a classic style, with a suitable layout. It is made of refractory bricks, ceramic plates with the addition of metal. The oven must be installed against a wall. Samovar type tankdesigned to fill and warm water, it is recommended to place it on top of the stove.
The front side of the furnace is equipped with a space for filling with stones. A heater made according to this scheme will heat the water in the tank efficiently and quickly. There are schemes with the location of tanks on pipes that drain from the furnace, but this is a less efficient option for heating water. After all, the most important thing is to sauna stove gives maximum heat to the water. Metal containers with thin walls are best suited for tanks.
A combined layout may be optimal, when the tank is installed half above the furnace of the heater, half — to the pipes. With this solution, it is recommended to weld the chimney elbow into the metal tank, and direct the chimney from the fuel compartment horizontally. Ahead, a firebox is needed to leave space for stones in it.
Brief content of the article:
Common types of tanks
Today, various samovar tanks for jar. All of them are practical, efficient, differ in the area of contact with heating surfaces. For all of them, one task is not to bring the water to a boil, so that coarse steam is not formed in the steam room, which is difficult to breathe.
Types of tanks:
Most often, the owners use tubular tanks. They are practical, the area of their contact with the heating chimney is very large. Such tanks are located for sauna stove in the steam room, in the attic of the bathhouse.
There is an important point to be taken into account here:
- ease of use;
- method of filling the tank with fresh water;
- no direct contact with the oven.
The container does not have contact with the heater, it allows it to warm up in full force. The tubular tank is capable of maintaining the heat of water obtained after it has been completely heated for a long time. The required water temperature is maintained by the weak combustion of the heater.
Portable type tanks are convenient in that they can be placed anywhere in the steam room. Such tanks receive the heat of the furnace by means of a heat exchanger installed on the chimney; by design, these schemes are most reminiscent of samovar-type tanks for sauna stoves. Two pipes are stretched from the heat exchanger to the tank, ensuring the natural circulation of water according to the law of physics — the warmed water will rise up, it will be replaced by cold water coming from the bottom pipe. This method of heating water is considered the slowest, water almost never comes to a boil.
External tanks with a heat exchanger device are highly appreciated by lovers of dry steam. They are convenient in the case when the bathhouse is divided into two compartments — a steam room and a washing one. In this case, the container is installed in the washing room. They accelerate the circulation of water when using such a scheme by additionally installing a water pump. Practice shows that water using this scheme warms up for a long time: in summer — in 1.5 hours, in winter cold — in 2-2.5 hours. But at the same time, the steam room is filled with dry heat. There is a minus of the bath scheme with a remote tank — in winter, if the rest of the water is not drained, it will freeze in the heat exchanger pipes, especially when using flexible corrugated pipes.
Most often, built-in tanks are used in the Russian bath. Practice shows that they give the highest efficiency rates. Heating of water is faster than in stoves built according to other schemes, since a large area of \u200b\u200bthe tank is in direct contact with the fire in the fuel compartment of the stove.
At the same time, in the arrangement of a furnace with a built-in tank, some nuances must be taken into account:
- the volume of used tanks is limited by the design of the furnace;
- rapid heating of water leads to its boiling, the formation of coarse steam, which increases humidity;
- to prevent early boiling, the owner monitors the heating of water, constantly draining hot water, changing it with cold water;
- the water tank can take heat from the stove, preventing it from heating up; full filling of the tank and its heating above 100 degrees requires the furnace to return all the thermal energy, which interferes with the normal heating of the stones.
A stove with a samovar-type tank in the photo.
On the picture — samovar type heat exchanger:
The choice of boiler option for the steam room
Installing an electric boiler with cold water supply does not justify itself, because the bath is still heated and the heat from the heater will warm the water to the desired temperature, if the tank model is chosen correctly for sauna stove.
Bath tanks are selected:
- according to the material of its manufacture;
- according to the optimal volume for the bath.
The material of the tank determines the rate of water heating, the duration of maintaining its temperature, and the durability of the container. Today tank installation for a steam room requires a careful, conscious owner, choice of material.
Capacities are produced from:
- cast iron, the duration of heating water in such tanks is long, it requires a large consumption of firewood; but the water in them cools down slowly, the material is not threatened by corrosion, it is not afraid of high temperatures; its only drawback is its heavy weight, which makes it difficult to install and use;
- enameled cast ironvery reliable containers, but it is difficult to find on sale;
- metal; are produced in different versions;
- enamel; these tanks are installed as remote, or tubular, the material does not imply direct installation above the furnace fire;
- extra strong hardened of stainless steel; today boiler from this material is used more often than others, allows installation on pipes; the material has excellent thermal conductivity, practically does not deform from temperature changes; it is easy to take care of it, clean it from scale.
For hot water, the best tank material is metal. Sometimes there are options made of wood, plastic. But their use is limited: they cannot come into contact with parts of the furnace structure that heat up above 90 degrees.
Metal tanks are made in several versions:
- extra strong steel with galvanization, painting with heat-resistant dyes — not widely used;
- extra strong enameled steel — by far the most common containers for home baths, boilers, heaters in the kitchen;
- thick-walled galvanized steel without painting, outwardly similar to the material of common galvanized dishes, buckets;
- stainless steel — represents the best type of boilers that have received the widest application.
When it comes to cost, steel enameled tanks are the most affordable. They were developed specifically for high water heating. At a low price, buyers find options for containers of various configurations and volumes suitable for their plans.
The choice of a tank according to its volume requires that the volume of the heated area be matched. To wash one person, 10 liters are enough. The calculation is simple: by multiplying the number of people by 10. The result is the volume of the tank to buy.
The following factors are taken into account when choosing a container:
- the low power of the heater with a large area of the steam room will not give normal heating of water in capacious boilers;
- a tank of small volume will lead to constant boiling of water.
Choosing the boiler capacity for sauna stove, the owner needs to calculate all the factors in order to opt for the most optimal option. When choosing the optimal volume of a tank for heating water, many conditions should be taken into account. The choice will be most correct if the owner receives advice from specialists.
Pros and cons of samovar-type systems
Tanks installed on pipes draining from the furnace are called samovar. They are an integral part of the knee on the chimney pipes. Such installation convenient, gives fast and uniform warming of water. In addition, the design is compact, easily placed in any bath room.
- inconvenient filling of the container with water; this issue is resolved by placing the upper part of the boiler in the attic with a water supply;
- possible miscalculations in the use of tanks of the wrong volume, from which the water quickly reaches the boiling point.
- the right choice of container material — stainless steel; it is not afraid of corrosion, for a long time it flawlessly serves its intended purpose;
- high coefficient of thermal conductivity of stainless metal gives rapid heating of water in a samovar tank;
- the strength of stainless materials does not allow the container to be deformed by temperature changes;
- the safety of the purchased ready-made samovar tank.
A wood-fired sauna is a place of high fire danger. When using home baths, one must follow precautions so that there are no burns from hot water, fire. If all the conditions stipulated by the Fuel Tank Operating Instructions are strictly followed, the possibility of unforeseen injuries and dangerous situations is prevented. It is important to remember the timely filling of the container with water, do not flood the stove with an empty boiler, so that the high temperature of the fire does not deform it, and damage the welds. In winter, when the bath is not heated, it is necessary to drain the water from the system so that it does not freeze to ice — this can lead to metal rupture.
And a little about scale in boilers
If a cottage or a cottage with a bathhouse is located in a region with hard tap water, scale will form in the boilers. It is deposited in the place of maximum temperature heating, reduces the rate of water heating, and significantly reduces the conduction of heat in pipes. Hard water scale builds up constantly, in an uneven layer, and has a high coefficient of heat resistance.
From the appearance of scale inside the pipes, the strength of the samovar sections of the chimney decreases, the service life of the entire structure decreases, and the samovar type heat exchanger. If pipes and boilers are not descaled in a timely manner, water will flood the fuel compartment of the furnace.
Recipes for folk remedies against scale
- Baking soda. In the tank, water is brought to a boil, pour a pack of soda into it. Then let the water cool down, bring to a boil again. Water with soda is drained, the tank is filled with clean water, half a glass of vinegar essence is poured into it. Bring to a boil, leave to cool. Once again bring to a boil, after half an hour pour. From the action of soda and acid, the scale is loosened, it is removed with a hard sponge, ruff.
- Lemon acid. Not sparing packages with lemon, it is poured into a tank of cold water, then brought to a boil. Let stand for a while, drain the water with citric acid, fill the tank with clean water, bring to a boil. The acid breaks down the entire scale deposit, the tank is rinsed with clean water. The method is cheap, fast-acting, but has a significant drawback: the acid, acting on the scale, affects the metal material, its surface will be rough, and fresh scale will quickly appear again. It will be more and more difficult to clean boilers with lemon each time.
- Vinegar. Pour a glass of vinegar into a filled tank, boil for 20 minutes. The acid works effectively, its minus is in the residual smell. It is necessary to clean the boiler with open windows, then thoroughly rinse the system, ventilate the room for a long time.
Today, all methods of warming water in home baths are widely used. The designs of the various systems are well thought out, convenient to use and safe. It is important to fulfill all the conditions of installation qualitatively.
Photo of stoves with a samovar type tank:
Save the article to your page:
Post published: 15.10
Join the discussion: