Ideas for a small bedroom
A chic large bedroom, which accommodates a spacious bed, a boudoir with a built-in wardrobe, and even a couch with chairs, is the cherished dream of every woman. But, if your apartment has only a small room where the bedroom is located, you should not be upset. Coming up with ideas for the design of a small bedroom is not an easy task, but it is feasible for everyone.
In a compact bedroom, several issues need to be resolved: firstly, to place all the necessary things and furniture, and secondly, to increase the space. We suggest dwelling on specific ideas for decorating a small bedroom, talking about what colors, furniture and decor are best suited in this case.
Ideas for the interior of a small bedroom
- For walls, use light shades, and for the ceiling, choose pure white. In this option, the space will visually increase both in height and in area.
- The passage from the door to the opposite side of the room must be free. Thus, the bedroom will visually expand.
- An interesting idea for a very small bedroom is the use of wallpaper with a horizontal pattern.
- Place as many mirrors as possible. A mirror located opposite the window expands the space especially effectively.
- Give up on the idea of decorating a small bedroom with lots of décor, bookshelves, or unnecessary chairs.
- Many small pictures or massive frames with photographs visually reduce the space. In this case, it would be best to place one large panel above the head of the bed.
- Do not fill the bedroom with small shelves, a popular solution to this problem is the rack for the entire height of the room.
- In choosing textiles, stick to monochromatic variations, and also avoid numerous pillows and canopies.
Using these ideas, you can visually expand the bedroom without reducing its functionality.