Hygienic shower for the toilet — what it is, what it looks like, what it is for, pros and cons
There is so little space in modern apartments that it is very difficult to install extra plumbing in the toilet, and you don’t want to save on comfort. In this case, a hygienic toilet shower comes to the rescue, which is produced in various modifications.
What is a hygienic toilet shower?
The device is a substitute for a bidet, which is assembled from two plumbing fixtures — a toilet bowl and a mixer. Depending on the cost, the model can be equipped with various additional functions. A hanging toilet with a hygienic shower is the most convenient option. By purchasing it, you can solve several problems in addition to the main one laid down by the manufacturer — cleansing the intimate areas after the toilet.
Initially, this device could be found in the countries of the Middle East, whose inhabitants pay special attention to hygiene. Gradually, the vector of popularity shifted to Europe, and recently the device is gaining popularity in our country. The main feature is its small size, thanks to which the hygienic shower can be installed even in small bathrooms.
What does a hygienic shower look like?
Visually, the product resembles an ordinary shower. The functionality of the hygienic shower device with installation on the toilet is determined by the following elements in the design:
- connecting node with water supply;
- a mixer that helps to obtain the desired temperature at the inlet;
- control knob;
- shower head with a focused jet;
- flexible hose.
Some models are equipped with built-in electronics of various modifications, which increases ease of use. This includes a thermostat — a device designed to mix water that passes through the mixer. Premium products are complemented by an electronic scoreboard that helps you manage the system with one click. Before mounting, it is recommended to deal with the control panel of the device.
Why do you need a hygienic shower for the toilet?
In addition to its main purpose, a hygienic toilet shower with a mixer solves the following problems:
- cleansing the oral cavity in case of poisoning;
- cleaning cat litter;
- quick personal hygiene without using a bath or shower;
- facilitating the washing of the toilet bowl and the entire bathroom;
- the possibility of washing any items that cannot be cleaned in the sink.
Pros and cons of a hygienic shower
Like other devices, a white hygienic shower for a toilet bowl or a product of a different shade is endowed with positive and negative qualities. In order to accurately determine whether there is a need to purchase it or not, it is recommended to get to know them in more detail. The advantages of this device include:
- compactness. Allows installation in small rooms without wasting a lot of space.
- Multifunctionality. In addition to the main purpose, it can be used as an additional source of water.
- Affordable cost. The price is much lower than that of a full-fledged bidet.
- Water saving. During use, the pressure and flow rate of the liquid is regulated by the mixer handle.
Among the disadvantages of a hygienic shower for the toilet, the following points are distinguished:
- Installation requires parsing part of the wall decoration in the bathroom to hide the water supply pipes.
- For comfort of use, the presence of a stable water pressure is important. Otherwise, you will need to purchase an additional thermostat.
Types of hygienic shower
The popularity of devices has led to the appearance on the market of various models:
- toilet bowl with built-in nozzle;
- cover model with built-in hygienic shower;
- wall-mounted device with hidden installation;
- open hose mounted on the wall;
- installation for a toilet bowl with a hygienic shower.
Toilet lid hygienic shower
A big plus of this device is mobility, the ability to easily install on any toilet bowl with subsequent dismantling. The lid is equipped with retractable nozzles, which are made of antiseptic materials. The toilet with built-in hygienic shower is operated manually or via an electronic panel located on the side. Advanced models are equipped with a special remote control. Many have a heating system and several modes of water supply.
The most modern models can be additionally equipped with a hair dryer function and even seat heating. The more bells and whistles, the more expensive the hygienic shower for the toilet. The device does not require complex installation, it is placed in place of a conventional seat and connected to the water. It is important to take measurements before buying, because such a seat is not suitable for every faience element.
Toilet-mounted hygienic shower
In the people, the device is called a bidet. Water is supplied through special nozzles placed on the fitting under the rim of the bowl, or built into its side. The direction of the jet can be adjusted or not, the power and temperature are adjusted by the mixer. A toilet with a hygienic shower with a bidet function can be mechanical or electronic.
The first option is configured manually and endowed with a small number of functions. The latter are endowed with various possibilities: adjusting the water temperature, moving and turning the fitting, subsequent drying, and much more. Water can be supplied to the built-in mixer from the water supply or heated in the internal instantaneous heater.
Hygienic shower on the wall
The most budget option in terms of external design resembles an ordinary shower. Installation is carried out near the toilet. The temperature is adjusted on the mixer, and the hose is fed into the hose after pressing the lever-button. Such a hygienic toilet shower with a mixer can be installed in the following ways:
- built-in. At a high cost, it has its admirers among those who are worried about the aesthetic appearance of the room. Installation requires parsing the wall or arranging an additional cabinet.
- Open. The cost is lower than the previous option. They are cut into pipe lines, the holder is installed on the wall. The device requires the addition of a thermostat, which sets the temperature of the water entering the watering can.
- On the sink. The mixer is replaced with a model that has an outlet for connecting a flexible hose with a watering can. This hygienic toilet shower is used when the sink is close to the toilet so that you can reach the faucet while sitting on the earthenware product.
How to choose a hygienic shower for the toilet?
The main parameters that should be taken into account when choosing a hygienic shower next to the toilet are the following:
- the size of the shower head, providing a point water pressure of water;
- indicators of water pressure;
- hose material;
- method of installation of the structure;
- famous manufacturer.
Faucet for hygienic shower
Such a device cannot fully function without a tap that opens and closes the water supply. There are currently three types of toilet faucet with a hygienic shower:
- valve. The most popular type. The volume of water supplied is controlled by a valve valve. Adjustment is inconvenient, additional installation of a thermostat is required.
- Lever. Fully functional without additional equipment. With its help, the pressure of water and its temperature are simultaneously adjusted.
- Hygienic toilet shower with thermostat. Helps to constantly maintain the optimum temperature of the water. Enough to set the indicator once and use it. The disadvantage is the high cost of products.
Hygienic shower rating
To get the most out of operation, you need to know which models are popular. Among all the diversity offered on the market, the following options are distinguished:
- Lemark Solo LM7165C. Model with brass body. The mixer is connected to the holder for the watering can.
- Toilet shower Grohe Euphoria 27369000. Equipped with the Speedclean system against lime deposits.
- Rossinka Silvermix X25-51. Inexpensive model that is mounted on a vertical surface. The eyeliner can be hidden in a niche.
- Grohe BauCurve 123072. Mixer and holder are separated. Suitable for installation on the toilet wall.
- Rossinka Silvermix Y25-52. Single lever model. Convenient water temperature adjustment.
How to install a hygienic toilet shower?
There are several ways to install, it all depends on the individual situation. Let’s consider how to install a hygienic toilet shower using different methods. Ease of connecting to a sink depends on access to a plumbing system and whether there is a working sink nearby.
- mark a place for a watering can on the wall;
- make strobes;
- lay pipes to hot and cold water supply;
- close the gates with cement mortar;
- make a connection to the sewerage system;
- attach a flexible hose to the mixer;
- a hole is drilled in the wall for a watering can holder;
- carry out its installation;
- connect the watering can to the hose and install it in the holder.
The installation height of the hygienic shower for the toilet is chosen so that it is easy to reach the faucet. When it is not possible to install a sink, installation is carried out to an existing plumbing system.
- shut off the taps;
- carry out the installation of tees;
- carry out the laying of pipes, having previously connected them to the tee;
- wrap threaded connections with flax;
- install mixer.
- connect a flexible hose;
- mount the holder on the wall;
- connect a flexible hose and a watering can.
How to place a hygienic shower relative to the toilet?
This can be done in any convenient way, the main thing for comfortable operation is that the distance from the toilet bowl to the hygienic shower is slightly less than the length of the hose. It is important to first weigh the pros and cons and determine the optimal place where you need to supply water and connect the mixer. The list of works is practically no different from installing a conventional wall-mounted faucet for cold and hot water.
You can use the following placement options:
- wall behind the toilet
- side wall;
- on the opposite surface.
Hygienic shower for the toilet in the interior
The small size of the watering can and proper installation make the device almost invisible. A toilet with a sink and a hygienic shower has recently gained popularity. The following installation methods are used:
- On the wall behind the toilet next to the faucet.
- On the side of the sink-curbstones.
- On the wall next to the sink.
- On the side of the toilet on a free surface.
How to use the hygienic shower on the toilet?
The disadvantage of using this device can be splashing everything around. To avoid this, you need to know the rules for using the device. A hygienic toilet shower without or with a faucet differs only in the opening of the faucet. In general, the usage process includes the following steps:
- adjust the water to a suitable temperature;
- take in hand a watering can of a hygienic shower for the toilet;
- press the button, checking the flow of water;
- start washing;
- when finished, press the button again to stop the water supply;
- turn off the tap water.