Classic bedrooms — interior design in classic style: furniture, curtains, wallpaper
For many years, classic bedrooms have been very popular, as their calm environment invites you to relax. In order for the design to be harmonious, it is necessary to carefully work out every detail that must correspond to the style.
Bedroom interior in classic style
Thinking through the design of a room in a classic style, it is necessary to take into account a certain number of rules:
- In finishing and furnishing, it is worth using the rules of symmetry, since the disorderly and chaotic arrangement of parts will spoil the overall impression.
- Ordinary wallpaper, as well as decorative plaster, natural stone, are suitable for wall decoration. In addition, part of the wall can be painted like handmade frescoes. For the floor, it is customary to choose parquet or a laminate imitating it. As for the ceiling, it should be old and plain, and stucco molding is suitable as decoration.
- For a classic bedroom, you need a warm range, for example, you can choose sand, yellow, terracotta, olive and peach shades. Contrasts in the design should not be present.
- In finishing and furnishing, one should focus on the naturalness of materials. Especially popular is wood, which is used in furniture, wall, floor and ceiling decoration. In addition, you should choose expensive fabrics, ornamental stones and metal (bronze and silver).
- A classic bedroom can be decorated with stucco, such as friezes, baguettes and rosettes. Modern material is made of polyurethane foam, which is much lighter than gypsum.
- The design should have a lot of decorative elements, since in a classic room there should not be bare walls and unused space. Choose paintings, vases, figurines and so on. In the classics, antiques are an important component, for example, antique clocks, floor mirrors, candlesticks, porcelain figurines, and so on.
- Modern trends in the classical style are manifested in the predominance of simple shapes and lines. In addition, monochrome wallpapers or options with a simple and understandable pattern are popular.
Classic wallpaper in the bedroom
For wall decoration in the bedroom, classic-style wallpapers are ideal, as they will not disturb the peace and create a comfortable environment. White classics are suitable for the bedroom, as well as wallpapers in neutral and light colors. It will be an excellent background for any furniture, and such shades visually expand the space, which is important for small rooms.
- Classic bedrooms will look great if you paste wallpaper with a natural theme, that is, flowers and other plants.
- A win-win option that always looks stylish and at the same time strictly — a strip. It is better to choose options with stripes of different sizes in a pleasant color scheme.
- The classic allows the use of accentuation of one wall, and you can also use wallpaper with a relief texture for zoning.
Classic curtains for the bedroom
There are a large number of subspecies of the classical style, which is reflected in the range of curtains. Thinking through the design of the «classic» bedroom, it is worth considering a number of tips regarding curtains:
- Choose «expensive» curtains that may have sheen or patterns, such as swirls or flowers. If you choose English classics, then buy matte materials.
- The color depends on the chosen color scheme of the room and it is better if the curtains are a little darker.
- You can use not only straight classic canvases, but also French or Austrian curtains.
- Classic bedrooms can be decorated with a lambrequin, the options for which are numerous.
Carpets in the classic style bedroom
To make the room warm and comfortable, you need to choose the right carpet, which must meet a number of requirements:
- No bright colors should be present and it is better to choose pastel and muted colors.
- To make the bedroom decorated in modern classics look perfect, choose a solid color coating that can be decorated with ornaments and paintings. Please note that the presence of a large amount of print will «cheapen» the interior.
- It is important to observe the basics of symmetry, since this is the foundation of classical style.
- The dimensions of the selected carpet must match the surroundings.
Classic chandeliers for the bedroom
When designing a bedroom, it is important to pay attention to the choice of a chandelier, as it is an important element in maintaining the chosen design direction. There are several details that you should focus on when choosing a lighting fixture:
- The base of the chandelier should be massive, imitating cast bronze or cast iron. Additional decoration with gilding is welcome. Keep in mind that such lighting fixtures can make the space heavier, so for small rooms you should choose something more elegant.
- The classic design of the bedroom can be emphasized with a hanging chandelier with imitation of candlesticks and candles. They emphasize the luxury and sophistication of the design.
- Another element inherent in the classical style is crystal pendants. The only negative is that it is difficult to care for them by removing dust. Manufacturers have learned how to color crystal, so if you wish, you can purchase a black chandelier that looks very chic.
Bedside lamps for the bedroom in a classic style
You can supplement the central lighting with the help of lamps that are placed near the bed. There are several types of such lamps:
- The traditional option is classic table lamps for the bedroom with a lampshade. The base is glass, ceramic, wooden and even forged. As for the lampshade, it should be fabric or openwork. Not only monophonic options are allowed, but also with a small pattern. If you wish, you can play with the shape of the lampshade. The options in the form of a cylinder look original.
- You can see classic bedrooms with bedside sconces. Their base is metallic in the color of silver or gold. The lampshade can be in the form of a cone, hemisphere, cylinder or flower. A characteristic solution for the classics is a sconce in the form of a candlestick.
Paintings in the interior of a classic bedroom — ideas
You can decorate the wall with beautiful paintings, but you only need to choose images according to the rules of the classical style. To begin with, pay attention to the frame, which should be massive, for example, made of wood, baguette, or forged products will be an excellent solution. Classic-style bedrooms are decorated with oil paintings, watercolors, pastels or graphics. As for ideas, you should choose luxurious plots.
- A universal option is landscapes, for example, forest, mountains, sea, and so on. It is better to give preference to cold tones.
- Portraits are suitable for classics. It can be famous personalities and own images. It is recommended to order a portrait in oil.
- Architectural sketches, city views and the like will look great in a classic bedroom.
- An excellent solution is frescoes in pastel and delicate colors, which will create the calm atmosphere necessary for the bedroom.
Bedspread in a classic bedroom
For a complete design, it is important to take care of buying a suitable bedspread for the bed, as it will attract attention. Beautiful classic bedrooms allow the use of jacquard bedspreads, silk and thick cotton. In order to emphasize luxury, you can choose fabrics with a slight shimmer effect. As for decor elements, bows, ruffles, monograms and gilding are allowed. If possible, it is recommended to choose bedspreads that will be similar or identical to curtains.
Classic bedroom furniture
When choosing a classic style as a design, it should be borne in mind that in the setting you need to use all the items of the furniture set: a wardrobe, a chest of drawers, a dressing table, a bed and two cabinets next to it. There should be no workplace in the classic design of the room. When choosing classic bedroom furniture, keep in mind an important rule — contrasts are unacceptable and it is better if the colors gently flow into each other, thereby creating a comfortable atmosphere.
classic bedroom bed
It is clear that the main object of the bedroom is the bed and for a classic style it is better to choose large models. The bed should be massive and reliable, include luxurious elements, such as a chic headboard, which can be upholstered in leather or fabric. The classic interior of the bedroom recommends the purchase of a bed made of natural wood with a good mattress, since comfort comes first.
Wardrobe in a classic style in the bedroom
Many will be outraged about what the classic style and modern wardrobes may have in common, but this furniture can also be used in such a design, the main thing is to choose the color scheme and decor. Beautiful bedrooms in a classic style allow the installation of wardrobes, but only they should be decorated with columns, frescoes, mosaics and so on. The best solution is furniture made from natural materials. Facades can be decorated with mirrors that will visually expand the space.
Armchair in the bedroom in a classic style
If free space allows, then in the bedroom you can also install an armchair in which you can sit, for example, to read a book. The interior of a classic bedroom is based on the elaboration of details, so when choosing an armchair, give preference to models with carvings, gilding, mosaics, and so on. Remember that only natural materials are welcome with regard to the base and upholstery. Great if you can buy a chair with carved or forged legs and tapestry details. Color design should be combined with other objects.
Classic bedside tables for the bedroom
A useful piece of furniture is a bedside table, which is placed near the bed and is used to set an alarm clock, put a book, and so on. The classic style allows the installation of bedside tables of the following types:
- For small spaces, this type of furniture can be placed in the corner. In most cases, such models are very roomy and it will even be possible to store bed linen in them.
- A bedroom in a classic style in light colors can be complemented by a small bedside table made of light wood.
- The original version, which is suitable for the classics, is a cabinet that transforms into a small table. An excellent solution for those who like to drink a cup of coffee in bed.