Provence style interior design
Simplicity and chic come together in a Provence style that can be used to decorate any room. In order for the result to be solid and beautiful, Provence-style interior design must touch all the details, since any digression to the side will spoil the impression.
Provence interior design
If you are interested in the rustic Provencal style, then a number of requirements must be taken into account when designing.
- The main colors of Provence in the interior: muted yellow, beige, brown, turquoise and pistachio. You can use all shades of warm colors.
- The design must necessarily include stone or wood finishes, such as brickwork, wood beams in the ceiling, or plank flooring.
- Roughness should be visible in different elements, for example, in furniture details or in decor.
- Forged elements that can be used to decorate a fireplace, doors or cabinets will add originality.
Provence wallpaper in the interior
When choosing wallpaper in the style of Provence, you need to focus on the following features:
- It is important to abandon embossed or voluminous patterns and geometry on canvases.
- Provence-style wallpapers in the interior can have natural motifs, for example, images of plants, birds, pastoral scenes, and so on.
- The pattern on the wallpaper should look like it has naturally sun-bleached. Prints imitating scuffs and stains look harmonious.
Wall mural Provence in the interior
To highlight the wall, you can use photo wallpaper with the appropriate pattern: lavender fields, windmills, the view from the window of a village house or other French landscapes. You can decorate Provence-style walls in this way in any room, which makes the design more voluminous and interesting. If photo wallpapers are used, then the remaining walls should be decorated in an unobtrusive style, using plaster or plain wallpaper.
Provence curtains in the interior
If a Provence design is being developed, it is important to understand that every detail must obey the strict laws of style. The most common such curtain options are classic, Roman, Austrian and French. When choosing curtains for the Provence style in the interior, consider the following rules:
- The cut should be as simple as possible, without any draperies, flounces and frills.
- As for fabrics, choose only natural materials, avoiding synthetics. They should be light and pastel colors.
- If you choose patterns, then preference should be given to a vertical strip, a cage and floral motifs, for example, roses, daisies and so on.
Provence style fireplaces in the interior
If possible, then you should not refuse to install a fireplace, which emphasizes the Provencal style and adds atmosphere. When building it, be sure to consider a number of rules:
- Provence in the interior of a country house is simplicity and a certain history, and to create the desired effect, you need to give the fireplace an antique, for example, make uneven edges or rub the paint. For this purpose, different techniques can be used: crackle, dry brush, sanding, metal aging, and so on.
- The fireplace should have stucco molding, but it should not be voluminous and pretentious. If stone is used in the design of the room, then the surface of the hearth can also be finished with it.
- For color scheme, focus on muted green, blue, beige or gray.
Provence chandeliers in the interior
Without proper lighting, it is difficult to imagine a holistic and harmonious design, and in Provence it should be soft, pleasant and slightly muted. Ceiling chandeliers and sconces can be used, which should be massive and even rough without unnecessary decor and small details. A Provence-style interior in a private house or apartment will be complemented by a lighting fixture that has a simple design, and it can be made of the following materials: brass, bronze, nickel, black and antique gold. In addition, fabric lampshades and glass elements are also allowed.
Provence tile in the interior
To finish the bathroom and kitchen, tiles can be used, which are laid on the floor and walls. French Provence in the interior involves taking into account three criteria when choosing a tile:
- Color. Focus on cold natural shades, which will help create the most comfortable atmosphere.
- Ornament. Interior design in the Provence style involves the use of floral patterns and pastoral compositions on tiles.
- surface texture. For a rustic style, it is better to choose matte tiles that have slight scuffs and roughness. The texture should be as close as possible to natural stone.
Modern Provence in the interior
Thinking through the design of rooms, it is necessary to be based on the main features of the Provence style:
- Floor. It is better to choose wood finishes, such as parquet or laminate. You can get even closer to the French countryside by aging the surface.
- Walls. Provence in the interior of the house involves the use of decorative plaster or wallpaper. You can combine several options using wood panels or stone.
- Ceiling. It is best to choose the classic version in the design — coloring in white. It is clear that the surface must be pre-plastered. If you want a stretch ceiling, then it is better to buy matte canvases. Excellent decor in Provence style — ceiling beams.
- Windows and doors. To match these details with the chosen style, it is best to paint them white. Other pale shades will do. Another option is decorating using the decoupage technique or artificial aging.
Provence style living room interior
A bright room in this style, as if always filled with light, thanks to which it creates a peaceful atmosphere and invites you to relax. The following features are used in the interior of the Provence living room:
- Upholstered furniture combines elements of wood, forged parts and upholstery made of natural materials. You can wear plain covers on it or purchase options with ornaments.
- In Provence, there is aged furniture, as if it had been passed down through many generations. You can use chairs with carved legs, cabinets, dishes, wrought iron chairs and so on.
- Furniture should not be installed along the wall, since the Provence style is based on freedom of space and they should be grouped in a free order.
- Get creative when decorating your living room. Focus on decorating the walls to create a presentable design. For example, you can use antique clocks and paintings with natural landscapes, panels and mirrors.
- In decorating the room, focus on plant motifs. They can be seen in upholstery, cushions and curtains.
Provence bedroom interior
For a room where you need to relax and unwind, the Provencal style fits perfectly. To get a holistic design, consider the following recommendations:
- There are two key textile points in the bedroom — curtains and a bed. It is important that they are harmoniously combined, but you should not use one color. These will be bright accents in the bedroom, and decorate the other space in a discreet light tone.
- When developing interior design in the Provence style, it should be borne in mind that the main figure in the bedroom is the bed. It can be wooden with beautiful and carved posts, or choose the option with a wrought iron patterned headboard. You need to decorate the bed with a bedspread and numerous pillows.
- Other Provence interior items suitable for the bedroom: a chest, a vintage chest of drawers, a dressing table, a dressing table and an old wardrobe will make the room more comfortable.
- Forged items, wicker baskets, openwork vases, antique clocks, paintings in wooden frames, small pillows on strings, and so on can become decorative elements in the room. It is important to avoid useless decor, that is, every thing should have a practical meaning.
Provence style kitchen interior design
It has already been mentioned that for the design of any room in the Provencal style, it is important to pay attention to every detail. Finishing is carried out according to the rules indicated above, but also consider the following features:
- For countertops, choose artificial stone or wood. In ancient times, surfaces were laid out with beautiful tiles.
- Install antique chrome taps and faucets. Opt for simple forms with cross valves, which can be made of porcelain.
- The Provence-style dining room interior indicates that household appliances should be built-in and it is better if they can be hidden behind the doors or closed with a curtain.
- A kitchen apron is traditionally tiled, which can be plain or patterned. It is important that the surface does not shine. You can make an apron from natural stone.
- Open hanging shelves are welcome in the kitchen. On the apron of the working area, you can hang jars of spices or other important items.
- Interior design in the Provence style is characterized by such decor in the kitchen: ceramic cockerels and other figurines, various jars and bottles with sauces and spices, baskets, bunches of onions and bouquets of field herbs or basil.
Provence in the interior of the nursery
A universal option for decorating a children’s room is Provence, as it is suitable for boys and girls, and any age category. For Provence interior decor, consider these design tips:
- Decor that suits the Provencal style: bird cages, cockerels, the Eiffel Tower, starfish, shells and so on.
- Furniture should be made of natural wood. It can be tinted, aged, carved, painted or painted. The shape should be classic or rough, as if the furniture was made by hand.
- It is allowed to use forged and metal parts, and for girls, a canopy over the bed would be appropriate.
Provence style hallway interior
The design of the hallway depends on its location and functionality. The Provence interior in a wooden house or other dwelling involves the installation of a wardrobe, a shoe rack, a large mirror and a pouffe or an easy chair. In the decoration of furniture, wicker or forged parts, natural stone and fabric are recommended. When developing interior design in Provence style, consider the following recommendations:
- Lighting is of great importance in the hallway, so it is important to take care of the installation of lamps. You can use chandeliers and sconces decorated with wood or metal.
- Open doorways can be decorated with fabric curtains that will add coziness and make the interior complete.
- For a variety of interiors, do not forget about decor elements: a basket for umbrellas, paintings, rugs, and flowers are especially good in the Provence interior.
Provence style bathroom interior
The bathroom space should be spacious, so no unnecessary details should be used. A lot has been said about the rules for finishing different parts, so you need to pay attention to plumbing and furniture.
- Bath, sink and toilet should be oval or rounded. An excellent solution is forged or metal legs for the bathroom and a stand for the sink.
- Interior design in the Provence style in the bathroom should be considered when buying faucets, which should be made in the old spirit of brass and copper. They may have porcelain decor elements.
- It is best to place the bath not near the wall, but in the center of the room. From this we can conclude that Provence is not suitable for small rooms.
- Beautiful interiors in the Provence style allow the installation of furniture made of wood or metal. Choose simple shapes, vintage pieces and decoupage finishes.
- Hide modern household appliances in cabinets or cover them with curtains.