The design of the living room in the house gives much more room for experimentation than in a city apartment. Here, as a rule, it plays the role of a room for relaxation and communication with guests, so there is no need to scrupulously calculate the functional use of each square meter.
Living room in the house
A large area of the premises really gives the right to move away from zoning and save space as much as possible. Even considering this fact, many owners of private houses prefer to combine the living room with other rooms for their own convenience. It really can be considered the most used room, so the desire to use this property for your own purposes should not be bewildering. Living room in a country house can be combined with:
- children’s playroom;
- dining room;
- home cinema;
- fireplace room.
The interior of the kitchen-living room in a private house
From the point of view of the advantage of combining rooms, the kitchen-living room is an ideal option for those who love to arrange friendly and family gatherings with a feast. The hostess of the house will not have to leave her husband, children or guests for a long time while cooking. The design of the kitchen-living room in a private house opens up a lot of possibilities: the room becomes visually wider and brighter, corresponds to current trends and ensures the free movement of people around the space of the house. If we take into account the banal rules of practicality, then when designing it is important to take into account such nuances as:
- High quality strong extractor. So that the smells of cooking food do not cause inconvenience to those who spend time in the guest area, an extractor hood suitable for such loads should be placed above the stove.
- Separation of the bar. Part of the working surface should be given over to it: then the residents of the house will be able to save time on breakfast, and they will not have to set the table for a snack.
- The border between the living room and the kitchen should stand out. It is traditionally decorated with columns, arches or beams, delimiting the room into segments.
Living-dining room design in a private house
If the owners of the house like the idea of installing a dining table in the hall, but do not want or do not have the opportunity to install a hood, you can design the living room in a country house combined with a dining room. The area under it can be allocated in a large room so that you do not have to put furniture close to each other. Separating one space from another is easy with the help of the table itself: it will stand on the border. An equally easy way to make the separation of the living room and dining room noticeable is to arrange them in different color palettes.
Living room in a wooden house
Decoration with panels made of natural materials or natural timber gives the room an incredible charm that does not need additional decoration. The design of a living room in a wooden house does not imply any other recommendations for arrangement, except for:
- Only three types of decoration can emphasize the beauty of an environmentally friendly interior — country, vintage and old Russian.
- Accents on small details should be unobtrusive: if posters and graffiti are prohibited, then frames and bouquets of dried flowers for such a living room design in a large house are just right.
- You can fill the room with comfort and warmth thanks to the alternation of dark and light wood shades on the ceiling and walls.
Living room interior with fireplace
Even in a house that clearly cannot be blamed for a minimum of square meters, one does not want to give an entire room for a fireplace room. Therefore, the source of open or artificial fire, which serves as the main or additional method of heating, fits well into the design of the premises for receiving guests. There are special building codes, according to which the living room with a fireplace in the house must comply with the following conditions:
- The installation of a fire source is possible only in a room larger than 20 square meters in order to prevent the risk of smoke.
- The floor under the fireplace should be further strengthened, because its design has a significant weight.
- The design of a small living room in a private house allows only built-in and corner variations of fireplaces, because the island occupies a large area.
Living room with stairs in a private house
The staircase design should not be ignored when furnishing a home, so it can and should be integrated into the theme of the reception room. Of the benefits — the staircase allows you to connect the floors into a single whole, which makes it possible not to develop a separate design for the second tier. Making a living room in a private house has several important tricks:
- The color of the staircase should be as close as possible to the main color scheme.
- The priority is natural shades and materials of natural origin.
- The space under the stairs can be used for a minibar, TV, bookshelves or work area.
Decorating the living room in the house
A key room in the entire home needs a careful selection of decorating style because it will be where family and guests will gather to spend time together. The interior design of the living room in the house is often furnished in such directions as:
- industrial loft;
Design of a living room in a private house in the style of minimalism
This trend will be appreciated by fans of conciseness and no-frills interiors. There are simply no extra decorative elements in it, and therefore you don’t have to carefully select them. The living room in a private house in the style of minimalism can be decorated as follows:
- Only beige, ash, brown and beige shades are allowed. The walls and ceiling are made in two similar colors.
- Accessories, on the contrary, should be contrasting. Sofa cushions, tablecloths, small lamps can be red, blue or green, but without fanaticism in their combination.
- The design of the living room in the house should be proportional: if the same elements are used (for example, lamps), they should not be of different sizes.
- There should always be a strict order in the room, so small things like the TV remote control should be stored in boxes or drawers of the nightstand.
Loft-style living room in the house
Originality and exquisite simplicity — that’s why they love the loft. It is a mistake to think that this direction is aimed at creating a prototype of industrial decor, as if one of the factory rooms. The design of a loft-style living room in a house is more of a combination of new and old. Its distinctive features:
- Unusual decorative elements: road signs, posters, plastic installations.
- The lack of perfectly smooth surfaces on the walls and ceiling.
- Neighborhood of classic interior items with high-tech decoration.
- Uncluttered and spacious living room, achieved with multifunctional furniture.
Neoclassical living room in a country house
This stylistic solution is a classic decor adapted to modern trends. Only a large living room in the house can be furnished in this style, because all its elements require a significant amount of space. High ceilings, impressive window openings, a wide corner sofa are the main features that distinguish neoclassicism from other trends. It requires:
- The use of cliched architectural techniques — columns, niches in the walls, cornices with stucco.
- The presence of forged jewelry, as well as stone and natural wood.
- The presence of carpets with thick and high pile: the design of the living room in the house can be varied with Persian or other eclectic floor coverings.
- Restrained calm color. Suitable beige, light yellow, coffee, lavender and white base for wallpaper and ceiling.
Living room in a classic style house
The strict chic design of the classic decor is based on straight lines and perfect, but not gaudy patterns. Decorating a living room in a private house is not cheap, because the high cost of materials is a sign of this trend. It is emphasized with the help of precious woods, high-quality textiles, natural marble and antiques in the form of interior accessories. Other aspects of classic decor include:
- Symmetrical arrangement of furniture. If two armchairs or two identical lamps are installed in the living room, then they should be on the same line.
- Masking color transitions with moldings and special borders.
- The design of the living room in a classic-style house allows the use of details of unusual shapes — for example, large armrests or a cabinet front with a cutout.
- Wall decoration with mirrors and paintings.
Provence style living room in a private house
Named after the province of the same name in France, the type of decor is based on three main principles — naturalness, simplicity and lightness. The interior will differ in color saturation, but not bright, but muted. Light colors predominate — shades of sea wave, wood, lavender, olives. The living room in a Provence-style country house differs in such features from other design areas:
- Painting the surfaces of walls and furniture with translucent liquid paints, under which the structure of wood or “shabby chic” appears — artificially aged and worn paint.
- Lighting in the form of forged chandeliers with lampshades in soothing shades and unobtrusive patterns.
- Floor covering made of stone or laminate with imitation of precious woods. Parquet will be no less appropriate, but you need to prepare for the fact that it costs more.
Living room in a wooden house in country style
The country style is characterized by warmth and comfort, so it is in many ways similar to the Provencal counterpart. Simplicity with a hint of romanticism should replace pretentiousness and crazy color combinations. A cozy living room in a country house can be accentuated with the following details:
- Soft subdued lighting. For example, beige lamps or sconces in the form of deer antlers.
- The presence of a fireplace. The source of live fire is a worthy decoration of rustic design.
- Checkered or floral patterns in textiles used for curtains, sofa upholstery and throws.
- Use fresh cut or potted flowers on window sills and above the fireplace.
Living room in a modern style in a country house
Modern design is a mixture of several directions at once: hi-tech, modern, retro and pop art. Its undoubted advantage can be considered that even a beginner will not be able to make fatal mistakes when choosing interior details. A beautiful living room in the house can be obtained if you simply follow the dosage and harmony. The room should not be overloaded with furniture, in addition, sofas and armchairs should have a solid color scheme. When choosing shades for walls and ceilings, you can combine light and dark tones in order to visually expand the space of the room even more.