Children’s room for a girl, for two girls
For girls, beauty and comfort are especially important, because in the future they will have to learn how to create an atmosphere in their home. A children’s room for a girl should be equipped taking into account the tastes of the baby, comfort and, most importantly, safety for an active child.
Interior of a children’s room for a girl
Decorating a child’s room for a girl at first glance may seem like a simple task, but it’s not entirely true. You will have to consider many factors:
- naturalness, environmental friendliness and hypoallergenicity of materials;
- furniture safety in terms of possible injury;
- color scheme — for this it is important to study the topic of the influence of color on a person;
- practicality — decoration and furniture should be easy to clean;
- stylistic direction.
In addition to all the above points, it is worth considering the individual characteristics of your children. For example, among children, a very common health problem is allergy to dust, and when equipping a room for such a child, it is better to avoid upholstered furniture, an abundance of textiles, fluffy carpets and other irritants. Cabinet furniture, blinds can become an alternative.
The color of the children’s room for a girl
Choosing a color for a girl’s room is a very serious and responsible task. Everyone knows that color has a huge impact on mood, well-being, and the ability to concentrate, an unsuccessful shade can lead to serious consequences. Here are the shades that are considered the most successful for decorating a baby’s room:
- Pink. This is the first color that comes to mind when it comes to decorating your little girl’s nursery. Light colors help to improve mood, relaxation.
- Yellow. It has a positive effect on all aspects — improves mood and promotes concentration, increases the speed of information perception. Soft shades do not overexcite the nervous system.
- Green. It has a positive effect on vision, helps concentration, promotes relaxation. If the color is too dark, it may cause drowsiness.
- Orange. It has a good effect on the digestive system, it is ideal for small children. But in large quantities, this color overexcites, so you need to use it in doses, in combination with other, calmer tones.
When choosing a color, it is important to consider the size of the room. A small children’s room for a girl should be decorated in delicate light colors, in bright and colorful shades it will look overloaded, and dark colors visually steal space. Maximum lightness and tenderness, and even the smallest room for a baby will be beautiful and cozy.
Wallpaper in the nursery for girls
The walls in the children’s room for a girl are the general background of the room, and their decoration should be treated with due attention. Having decided on the color of the interior, let’s talk about the quality of the wallpaper. As you know, children love to draw, sculpt from plasticine, glue crafts, and all this can end up on the walls. It is important to choose a material from which it is easy to remove traces of children’s creativity, these are:
No less important is the choice of pattern on the wallpaper. The best design options are:
- Monochromatic or with a delicate, barely noticeable print.
- Girlish motifs with flowers or butterflies.
- Striped wallpaper. It is important to choose the width of the stripes and the color so that they do not seem too sticky.
- Wallpapers with your favorite cartoon characters.
- Large print — suitable for spacious children’s rooms in classic styles.
Wall mural in the children’s room for girls
Another option for decorating a children’s room for a little or grown girl is to decorate the walls with photo wallpapers. There are many options for creating a special atmosphere in the daughter’s bedroom, and much depends on her age.
- Photo wallpapers depicting magical or cartoon scenes will certainly appeal to girls of preschool or primary school age.
- Photo wallpapers with a beautiful image of nature will appeal to older girls.
- A beautiful room for a teenage girl will turn out if you choose a photo wallpaper with interesting abstractions.
- Wall mural with cityscapes (London, Paris) is an excellent option for decorating a room for a girl 10 years old and older.
- Photo wallpapers with images of flowers are a universal option for decorating a nursery for girls of any age.
Curtains in the nursery for a girl
When choosing curtains and curtains for a girl’s nursery, there are many important points to consider:
- the age and taste of the girl;
- interior style;
- whether direct sunlight enters the room;
- is there a need to completely darken the room (some children, even during the day, can only fall asleep in complete darkness);
- whether the baby is allergic to dust (in this case, there should be a minimum of textiles).
What model of curtains can be chosen for a girl’s room? The following options are very popular:
Ceiling in the children’s room for a girl
A modern children’s room for a girl is a room in the design of which attention is paid to all details, including the design of the ceiling. Design options depend on age. If the girl is small, she will certainly be delighted with multi-level designs with flowers, butterflies, the sun and many other options for children’s compositions.
For older girls, a more versatile ceiling design may suit — a stretch film that matches the color of the overall interior design, with ornate multi-level designs or, on the contrary, with an abundance of straight lines and shapes, will help to beautifully and stylishly decorate a children’s bedroom. The lighting option plays a huge role — it can be spot lighting or the so-called floating ceiling.
Chandelier in the nursery for a girl
The lamps in the children’s room for the girl also require due attention, especially the main one — the chandelier. It is worth choosing it based on the overall design of the room. The most popular options are:
Children’s carpets in the room for girls
The first thing to think about is whether a rug is needed in the nursery for a girl? After all, it requires careful maintenance, it is easily contaminated. But you can not argue with the fact that a room with a carpet looks much more comfortable. Which option can be chosen?
- A multi-colored rug with a small pile with a cartoon plot or with girlish motifs — flowers, butterflies, fairies, gentle animals.
- Delicate carpet in pastel colors with a beautiful abstract pattern.
- A rug with roads can be an exciting game for a baby.
- Solid color soft carpet with a high pile will make the room especially cozy.
Design of a children’s room for a newborn girl
Modern beautiful children’s rooms for girls are like a princess’s abode, especially when it comes to the bedroom of a newborn baby. What should be considered when preparing a room for a baby?
- The color scheme should be soft, calm. The most popular color is pale pink, but other options can be considered — yellow, milky, olive, white.
- The room should not have bright details and accents — this can excite the child’s nervous system, which adversely affects sleep. For the same reason, the pattern on the wallpaper should be calm, not flashy.
- It is better to avoid a large amount of textiles — dust accumulates on it. For the same reason, you should not buy upholstered furniture in a room for a newborn.
Children’s room design for a teenage girl
A children’s room for a teenage girl is largely a reflection of her daughter’s inner world. Psychologists recommend trusting the girl’s taste and letting her decorate the bedroom to her taste, even if they don’t really agree with her preferences. Get ready for flashy posters or photo wallpapers, extraordinary color schemes. Your task as a parent is to choose good quality furniture, help her organize a comfortable and ergonomic workplace for studying. By the way, many girls have great taste and are able to come up with a beautiful interior.
Children’s room for two girls
If two girls will live in the room, your task is to come up with a design that they both like, or, if the daughters are already teenagers, help them come to a compromise solution. For a small bedroom, the only option might be to install a bunk bed — an older girl occupies the top floor, and the youngest one — the bottom.
If space allows, it is better to design a children’s room for two girls by highlighting a separate area for each daughter. For zoning, you can use:
- ceilings, wallpaper.
Furniture for a children’s room for a girl
An equally important issue is the choice of furniture. A children’s room for a girl should be, first of all, safe, that is, there should be no risk of injury — breakage of a closet or bed, sharp dangerous corners. Headset materials must be environmentally friendly, free of toxic substances. Considering the ideas of furniture for a children’s room for a girl, you can go in two ways:
- purchase a ready-made headset set, consisting of a bed, a wardrobe, a desktop and shelves;
- pay attention to the choice of each piece of furniture separately.
Bed in a children’s room for a girl
High-quality and full sleep is the key to the health and well-being of the child, so such a piece of furniture as a bed requires due attention. If your little one is less than two years old, the best option for her is a traditional playpen that is closed on all sides. It provides the baby with complete safety — the child will not fall out of it in a dream.
If the girl has already grown out of a small bed, but is still too small to sleep on an adult, you can choose an intermediate option. The length of such a children’s bed is no more than 1.5 meters, it is equipped with a side rail, which eliminates the risk of a child falling. The advantage is that on such a bed, a mother can lie down next to her daughter to read a fairy tale or help her fall asleep.
Starting from school age, in the children’s room you can choose a full-fledged one-and-a-half bed, made in any design, from luxurious classic models to strict and restrained modern or high-tech. For quality sleep, it is better to choose an orthopedic mattress — this will provide your daughter with a good rest and full recovery.
Another common option is a sofa in a girl’s nursery, which, when folded, takes up a minimum of space, freeing up space for play, and when unfolded, it is a full-fledged and high-quality sleeping place. This is the perfect solution if the girl’s nursery is small. Sofas are made in various designs.
Wardrobe in the nursery for a girl
A children’s room for a little or grown up girl must be equipped with a closet, which she can easily use on her own. It should comfortably accommodate all the daughter’s clothes, and at such a height that she can take it out or fold it without auxiliary means — based on this, it is worth considering the location of the shelves well. A children’s room for a student, girl or boy, should be comfortable and functional, so many parents prefer to choose sets for their daughters, which include a wardrobe, a table and many shelves.
A good solution for a girl’s room would be a freestanding or built-in wardrobe with the following design options:
Wall in the children’s room for a girl
Considering options for how to equip a children’s room for a girl, you should pay attention to furniture such as a compact and functional wall. Souvenirs, memorabilia and gifts dear to the heart can be conveniently placed on numerous shelves, and it is good to store books, notebooks and everything that is necessary for learning and creativity in lockers.
Decor of a children’s room for a girl
Girls love to emphasize their individuality, including decorating their room. One way is decor. For example, a Provence-style room for a girl can be decorated with floral arrangements, bows on the curtains. Girls like room decoration options such as paper butterflies on the wall or ceiling, paintings or posters, posters