Curtains in the bedroom in a modern style
The bedroom is a place of rest and relaxation. Curtains in the bedroom in a modern style — an important detail of the interior, contributing to the creation of an atmosphere of calm and comfort. Incorrect selection of curtains can disrupt the harmony of the room, so when buying them, you should follow some rules.
Design curtains for the bedroom in a modern style
The window in any room is the central element, the appearance of which determines the impression that the room makes. For this reason, many try to choose stylish curtains in the bedroom — to fall asleep and wake up in a good mood. In addition to the appearance, the environmental friendliness of this design element is also important. The most suitable for the bedroom are curtains from:
- silk — an elegant, practical, natural material from which stylish decorative elements are obtained;
- cotton — a durable, wear-resistant, environmentally friendly material, the only drawback of which is the possibility of fading in the sun;
- flax — dense and durable, not prone to fading and holding its shape well;
- satin — light and beautiful material with good wear resistance;
- viscose is an inexpensive and unpretentious material.
- polyester — a synthetic material with a low price, which has a wide selection of colors and textures.
Curtains in a modern style in the bedroom perform several functions:
- serve as an interior decoration;
- emphasize the style and give the design completeness;
- complement the situation;
- if required, make the necessary emphasis;
- adjust the lighting.
How to choose the right curtains for the bedroom in a modern style:
- The size of the curtains should match the size and shape of the window — curtains in a small bedroom in a modern design should not be bulky or voluminous.
- Curtains must be suitable for the purpose. It is important to determine what is more important — to close the bedroom from the light, to hide the ugly view from the window. Curtains can be only an element of decor.
- The color scheme of the bedroom should be in harmony with the curtains. Classically, they are matched to the color of bedspreads or sofa upholstery and cushions.
- In the bedroom, calm and dark colors of curtains are welcome. It is also possible to use fabric with a print or photo printing, but they should be unobtrusive.
- It is not recommended to buy curtains that require complex care.
- The bedroom window on the south side is better to close with blackout curtains.
- Since natural fabrics are very expensive, you can choose a material with a low content of synthetics (up to 30%).
- Summer and winter curtains should be different. The first ones are light and light, the second ones are denser and darker.
Modern curtains and tulle in the bedroom
Transparent tulle in the form of a grid with or without a pattern is suitable for any interior, which is why it is often used to create curtains in a bedroom in a modern design. Tulle is suitable for a room in which it should be nice and cozy, it in itself identifies lightness and purity. Varieties of tulle, from which curtains can be sewn into the bedroom in a modern style:
- Organza. This light and transparent fabric is made from silk, polyester or viscose. It is beautiful without decor, but organza is often decorated with embroidery or appliqué.
- Veil. Soft cotton fabric, reminiscent of high quality gauze.
- Fatin. More rigid than organza, mesh material. Suitable for creating decorative elements for curtains in a bedroom in a modern style.
To choose the right tulle by color, you should consider several options. White curtains in the bedroom in a modern classic are in many ways a sure-fire option, but if there is too much white, then the room can become like a hospital room. Green and blue are soothing hues, but they are worth choosing if they are in harmony with the color of the sofa or bed. Calm colors are very relevant today — peach, ivory, pink-lavender, pearl, pistachio, besides, they fit almost any interior.
Curtains in the style of minimalism in the bedroom
The strict and laconic aesthetics of the room are supported by minimalist curtains in the bedroom. It can be a set of white tulle without a pattern and simple plain canvases without drapery. Roman blinds are another example of minimalist window decor. Such curtains are complemented by a light curtain without a pattern. Ideal examples of minimalism are Japanese vertical sliding canvases or roller blinds. Suitable fabrics for curtains in a bedroom in a modern minimalist style are linen, cotton, satin, bamboo. Ornaments, lace, prints, velvet, silk, organza are not allowed in this case.
Short curtains in the bedroom in a modern style
Modern curtains in the bedroom are short to emphasize the special flavor of the room. This option of window drapery only reaches the window sill, but can be combined with long curtains on the sides. Short curtains look good in a small room where the bed is next to the window. Unlike the minimalist style, short curtains can be chosen in different colors and splendor. Non-standard length modern curtains can be of various types:
- short tulle;
- French curtains with an abundance of horizontal folds;
Silk curtains in the bedroom in a modern style
Light silk curtains in the bedroom in a classic style are a win-win option for many interior options. This thin noble fabric looks very elegant and goes well with tulle and heavy textured fabrics (velor, velvet, brocade). Advantages of silk curtains and tulle:
- beautiful transfusion of fabric in any light;
- drape well and form neat waves;
- do not electrify and do not attract dust;
- look smooth and soft;
- eco-friendly and hypoallergenic.
Double curtains in the bedroom in a modern style
One of the most common options for a bedroom is double curtains. Fashionable bedroom curtains in a classic style are curtains from a thinner bottom layer and a denser top layer. It can be silk tulle and brocade curtains, or, for example, tulle and organza. Combined options of roller blinds and curtains provide excellent regulation of the amount of street light in the bedroom. How to choose double curtains in different styles:
- minimalism — simple plain curtains without a pattern and additions;
- provence — a combination of plain and floral curtains;
- classic — double curtains with lambrequins are well suited;
- baroque — curtains made of satin, taffeta or silk, ties for curtains — in the form of a fringed cord or bows;
- modern — double curtains of muted shades with tiebacks.
Curtains in Provence style for the bedroom
Tenderness and charm are the main accent that the curtains have in the modern Provence-style bedroom interior, which is easily recognizable by the presence of a floral print (lavender, wild flowers, olive branches). This decor is especially appropriate in the bedrooms of children and teenage girls. Provence-style curtains are characterized by light warm colors, softening of colors. It is very important that the same pattern is repeated on the textiles in the bedroom several times. The style of Provence curtains can be different, traditional decorations — ruffles, lace, frills, tiebacks.
Curtains in the bedroom in modern style
In recent years, the modern design of curtains in the bedroom in modern style has become increasingly popular. This style means an unconventional approach to many things, so modern decor is always effective, but at the same time elegant. A suitable fabric for curtains in the Art Nouveau style is flowing, light. Particularly popular are fabrics that combine plain elements and inserts with patterns, such as national ornaments or futuristic images. The color scheme is pastel and neutral colors, as well as bold ones — graphite, marsh. Style — a combination of straight and wavy lines.
Curtains in the bedroom in oriental style
An interesting decor option is modern curtains for a small bedroom in an oriental style. It can be the Arabian East, combining splendor, scope, brightness of colors, or Buddhist, with its minimalism, muffledness, conciseness. Fabrics appropriate in the oriental style are satin, brocade, damask, silk. The coloring is bright, with monograms and patterns. The basis of the Arabic oriental style is a combination of incongruous, bright and muted, dense and light. In the Buddhist direction, the base color is white, to which delicate shades are added.
Curtains in the bedroom in the loft style
The industrial loft style is an invention of creative individuals. Curtains in the bedroom modern ideas of this style suggest special:
- no drapery, layering, lambrequins, frills, ruffles, romantic prints;
- cut is simple, with a clear geometry;
- colors — beige, light khaki, light gray, ash pink, brown, gray, blue, black;
- light fabrics — silk, chiffon, tulle, linen, prohibited — velvet, velor, satin, satin;
- appropriate varieties of curtains — blinds, Roman, roller, curtains, double.
Curtains in the English style for the bedroom
Aristocratic and sophisticated curtains in the English bedroom are curtains that rise with a cord and form horizontal folds. Such curtains are used to decorate not only windows, but also niches. Advantages of English curtains:
- in the lowered position they are laconic and strict, in the raised position they are graceful and light;
- suitable for windows of different sizes and shapes;
- well protect from the sun;
- easy to manufacture;
- goes well with other types of curtains.
Curtains in the Scandinavian style in the bedroom
Modest Scandinavian curtains in a small bedroom in a modern style make the room light and airy. Their main task is to decorate the room, since there is no abundance of sun in the Scandinavian countries. Such curtains are always simple and concise, they can be in the form of curtains, tulle, Roman blinds, blinds, roller blinds. Curtain fabrics in the Scandinavian style — linen, chintz, cotton, muslin, cut and color — are modest and discreet, decorative details, if any, are neat and emphasize the originality of the curtains.
Roman blinds for modern bedroom
A special detail by which you can recognize modern Roman blinds in the bedroom is the folds («accordion») that they form when raised. These curtains are placed on the window frame and often combined with curtains or tulle. The materials used for Roman blinds are natural fabrics with a small amount of synthetic threads that hold their shape well and are easy to wash. The color range of Roman blinds is very wide, you can choose the right one for almost any interior.