Apartment design — what are the styles, interesting ideas for arranging different rooms
The final stage of the repair is the design of the apartment, which involves taking into account numerous details and rules. There are a large number of styles with their own nuances that allow you to create a comfortable and beautiful environment.
How to choose an apartment design?
When deciding to make repairs, few people know exactly what they want to get in the end. To implement your desires, you need to design an apartment, it is useful to take into account the following tips:
- Watch TV shows, magazines and numerous photos that give a visual representation of the interiors, which will help you mark your favorite options. On such resources, they follow fashion trends, which helps to keep up with the times.
- Decide on technical equipment. When making a modern apartment design, you need to take into account the influence of forms: clear lines lead to minimalism, smooth ones gravitate towards the classics, and voluminous ones turn into futurism.
- Remember the interior solutions that you liked earlier, pay attention to the shades, accents and general mood. It is important not to use more than two primary colors and to make sure that they are combined with each other.
- Observe the world around you and listen to yourself. The main thing is to like all the details in the final design.
Apartment design styles
Today, a large number of interior styles are known, each of which is endowed with unique features and rules. It is important to decide with which option to make the design of a two-room apartment or any other room:
- Modern the options are varied, they are represented by minimalism, kitsch, loft, modernism, postmodernism, hi-tech and others. It is difficult to single out uniform design rules; one common feature of these styles is complete freedom of imagination.
- Classic. The design of the apartment can be done in the following versions: Greek, Gothic, Baroque, Renaissance, Rococo, Empire and Classicism. General characteristics: majesty, luxury and aristocracy, which are present in every detail. They use expensive materials and luxurious finishes.
- ethnic. The most popular are African, Oriental, French, Scandinavian, Mediterranean, Japanese and Egyptian designs. The main feature is authenticity, which helps to fully immerse yourself in the atmosphere and culture of another country. Ethnic design is characterized by the use of natural materials and colors, as well as geometric, floral patterns and animal images.
Apartment Design Ideas
Everyone can think over the design of their apartment if they wish, the education of a designer in this matter is not necessary. Ideas for decorating an apartment can be listed for a very long time, but to come up with something of your own, consider these tips:
- Learn from nature. Use forms and color combinations that can be found in nature — this is a win-win option that will always be in fashion.
- Add light. Thoughtful lighting is of great importance in the final picture. You can also use mirrors.
- Focus. There are many ideas for this: bright wallpaper on one wall, contrasting decor elements, original furniture, and so on.
- Don’t use too many colors. It is very easy to oversaturate the design, so two or three colors for one room will be enough.
Hallway design in the apartment
People see this part of the apartment first when entering the room, it gives the impression of the dwelling as a whole. In most cases, the entrance hall has a small area, so the design of the corridor in the apartment is not as easy to make as it might seem at first glance. Popular ideas include:
- Visual expansion of space through the use of light colors, which are complemented by mirrors.
- The minimum amount of furniture, it is recommended to remove all doors from the hallway, replacing them with arches.
- The division of the hallway into two zones. Do this with the help of materials and different shades.
- You can expand the space by adding a lot of artificial light.
- In a small hallway, you can put a closet or modular furniture, removing everything that clutters up the space.
Design of the hall in the apartment
The living room is the face of any apartment. It gathers guests and family members for a common pastime. The main task of the design of the living room in the apartment is the organization of a recreation area. From this we can conclude that the interior needs to combine the preferences of all family members. The win-win design ideas for this part of the apartment include the following options:
- You can divide the space using different materials or colors.
- The design of apartments, especially one-room apartments, often requires space expansion, which can be achieved by combining a room with a balcony.
- The entrance hall can be zoned with furniture.
- Decorate the room, adding originality, you can wallpaper with a 3D effect.
- Combine cold shades of wall decoration with warm colors of upholstered furniture.
Toilet design in the apartment
The main criteria when planning a toilet are the most efficient use of the entire space, practicality and aesthetics. The design of this room can be done using the following ideas:
- Recently, imitation of stone has been especially popular in the decoration of walls and floors.
- Decorate the room with paintings or photo collages.
- Lovers of natural motifs can use from and in the design of the bathroom.
- You can focus on the toilet or highlight the floor and the back wall of the room with color.
- Additional lighting can become a bright accent.
Bathroom design in the apartment
Taking on the restructuring of this room, many have problems with a limited area. The whole problem is in the wrong organization of space. Recently, the following ideas from different styles of apartments have been popular:
- You can visually expand the space using light colors of decoration and a mirror.
- You can add luxury to the room with the help of mosaics and spotlights.
- The dark lining of the room will look original, while the bath and sink should be of a light shade.
- Lovers of lush greenery will love the idea of designing an apartment in different shades of light green.
- You can add a little comfort with the help of all sorts of little things and nice additions.
Kitchen design in the apartment
In order for this room to become cozy and comfortable when creating an interior, it is important to correctly distribute all zones. When designing an apartment in modern kitchens, you need to think through many details, including the practical part. Ideas include the following:
- The combination of dark and light colors can divide the room into two parts.
- The use of different materials in the interior.
- Making the design of a small apartment, instead of a table in the kitchen, a bar counter is used.
- Lovers of bright colors will love the bold combination of shades.
- The bar counter can serve not only as a table, but also as a way to divide space.
Bedroom design in an apartment
This room should be as comfortable, soothing and relaxing as possible. The design of an apartment in a modern style may not apply to this room; the interior in it may be completely different. You can use the following ideas in the design:
- You can expand the space with a mirror behind the bed and light-colored linens. The walls are better to make a little darker.
- An original idea could be to use identical material on the floor and one wall.
- You can highlight the area with the bed with a light shade, make the walls and ceiling darker on the sides.
- A round bed and lots of light can add luxury.
- Two lamps hanging at the head of the bed will enliven any interior.
Design of a nursery in an apartment
Unlike other rooms, this one has its own characteristics and well-established design rules. The interior uses bright colors and rich tones, in addition to all this, the design of the nursery should be safe and comfortable. Notable solutions include:
- The large area of the room creates the conditions for the construction of a bed-house.
- Sports fans will love the creation of a small corner with equipment.
- Girls may like the design in one juicy color.
- The swing will complement any interior, regardless of its style.
- You can expand the room by combining it with a balcony and putting a bed on it.
Balcony design in the apartment
Modern housing is completely different from the usual Soviet layouts. Nowadays, balconies and loggias are no longer used as pantries or a place to store unnecessary things, now they are useful meters that owners of small apartments lack so much. The following ideas are used in the design of the balcony:
- By adding a few details, it is easy to equip as a recreation area.
- If the entrance to the balcony is from the kitchen, it can be made into a dining room here.
- The design of the apartment in bright colors, along with the panoramic window of the balcony, will be an original idea.
- Having put a table and a computer, the balcony turns into an ideal office.
- With a large area, you can arrange a winter garden.
Office design in the apartment
If desired, and the availability of free meters, you can organize a workspace. The interior design of an apartment in this room should not only please the eye, but also set you up for work. In the office, you can use the following ideas:
- Use sliding doors to divide the space in the room. Having installed a table with an office chair in the office.
- Two walls can be filled with book shelves. In a niche under them, install a sofa, and opposite the table.
- Making the design of one-room apartments, you can put a corner table closer to the window, and opposite to place a rack with books.
- A luxurious option would be wooden furniture and leather taffeta.
- You can put a table near the window to get more light.
Duplex apartment design
Recently, this type of housing has begun to gain popularity. In general, such apartments are practically no different from ordinary ones, the only difference is the presence of a staircase. Apartment design can be represented by the following ideas:
- Under the stairs you can place a kitchen set.
- The space can be filled with shelves for books and various little things.
- Creating the design of a three-room apartment, you can make the stairs a work of modern art.
- To save space from below, the ladder can hang in the air.
- An original idea could be a twisted clay staircase.